Skip to toolbar

How to deal with “Wantrepreneurs”

Home Forums General Advice How to deal with “Wantrepreneurs”

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago by CherylRoyle.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    LizPerth
    Participant

Question raised by Nic B

#250 Reply
    LizPerth
    Participant

I think everyone should be treated as if they have the potential to be successful. Over the years, I have found that people often surprise me; I’ve worked with people who I thought were easily going to absolutely smash it, easy peasy, but then have done nothing 9 months into NEIS. At all. And I have worked with others who I thought were really going to struggle, perhaps had a history of substance issues etc, and have dug deep and worked super hard, and created a successful business straight away.

I see it as our job to help people to get over the hurdles that they may have, whether it’s knowledge, self-motivation, etc, and move them towards having a successful business.

#259 Reply
    CherylRoyle
    Participant

I agree I think it is important not to squash client dreams.  However, I also make sure that they know what they are in for.  I get them to fill out an entrepreneurship traits assessment and business skills assessment.  This helps identify any skill gap they might have.  We then go through the validity process.  These activities seem to give clients a good idea if this is a journey they want to continue. Cheers Cheryl

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: How to deal with “Wantrepreneurs”

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: